It has been shown that what happens during pregnancy, including what you eat, can have a long term affect on your baby’s health.
Some benefits to eating healthy during pregnancy include:
- Healthy weight gain (easier to get back to prepregnancy weight)
- Healthy infant birth weight
- Proper brain development of baby
- Fewer birth defects
- Can reduce instance of anemia
- Can help with nausea and morning sickness
The benefits of breastfeeding are endless! Even a small amount of breastfeeding can strengthens your baby’s immune system.
Benefits seen in breastfed babies:
- Fewer ear infections
- Fewer allergies
- Lower rates of SIDS
- Fewer respiratory viruses
**All of that means less time in the doctors office when your baby gets older!**
Believe it or not, there are immense benefits for the nursing parent as well.
Benefits for the breastfeeding parent:
- Faster weight loss after birth
- Less chance of anemia
- Less risk of post partum depression
- Special bond with baby
- Lowered risk of breast and ovarian cancer
- Less hypertension, diabetes, and several other medical conditions